At Brogan Property Lawyers we are committed to providing all our clients with a timely, professional, and courteous service. For this reason, it is essential that if any of our clients do have a complaint we have an effective procedure in place to bring a satisfactory resolution to the problem. In this way we can ensure that the high standards of quality that we set for ourselves are maintained and, where necessary, improved.
If you wish to complain about any aspect of the service that you receive or, the conduct of any employee of the firm, your grievance should be addressed to the Principle, Matt Brogan, at the address shown below or to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Principle will retain overall responsibility for your complaint, however, in conducting the investigation as set-out below, somebody else may be appointed to deal with the matter and accept initial responsibility for dealing with the complaint.
- Your complaint will be logged for management and monitoring purposes.
- Your complaint will be investigated, and this may include:
- Inviting you to meet and discuss your grievance;
- Obtaining a response from the person who acted for you;
- Examine this response and investigate further if necessary.
- We will respond to you in writing within 7 days of receiving your complaint explaining fully how this is to be dealt with. Where your complaint is made orally, we will reply in writing within 7 days and our response will include acknowledgment of our understanding of your complaint.
- If a full reply to your complaint can not be sent within 7 days, we will acknowledge receipt in writing within 7 days stating by what date a substantive response is likely to be sent to you. This date shall be no later than 28 days from receipt of your complaint and you will also be provided with a reason for the delay.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the handling of your complaint or, do not wish for Matt Brogan to carry out the initial investigation, the matter will be handed to another Manager who will review your complaint and respond to you in writing with 28 days of the request for this separate review.
If after following the review process you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, you may contact directly the Legal Ombudsman to ask them to consider the complaint further:
PO Box 6806
Tel no: 0300 555 0333
Unless it agrees there are good reasons not to do so, the Legal Ombudsman will expect you to allow us to consider and respond to your complaint in accordance with the procedure set out above in the first instance. You can refer your complaint up to 6 months after you have received our final written response to your complaint. You can also use the Ombudsman service if we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks of us receiving it. A complaint can be referred to the Legal Ombudsman up to six years from the date of the act or omission or up to 3 years after discovering a problem. The ombudsman deals with service-related complaints; any conduct-related complaints will be referred to the Council for Licensed Conveyancers.
If you make a valid claim against us for a loss arising out of work for which we are legally responsible, and we are unable to meet our liability in full, you may be entitled to claim from the Compensation Fund administered by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers (from whom details can be obtained).
Brogan Property Lawyers Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. Registration number: 7238987
Brogan Property Lawyers Ltd. Registered in England and Wales.
Registration number: 7238987
Tel: 01276 61943. Fax: 01276 29926
Brogan Property Lawyers Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales.
Registration number: 7238987